FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Multitrack Avid 6.5

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Maghran
Exporting Multitrack Avid 6.5
on Mar 13, 2014 at 9:31:40 pm

Working from an XDCAM 50 sequence with 10 tracks of audio, all SOT. I'm trying to export a Prores 422 quicktime file with 10 channels and end up with a quicktime file that lists all 10 channels that I can arm and disarm when I do cmd+j in QT pro. The 'direct out' option in avid doesn't seem to do this.

My problem is that avid doesn't seem to be able to do this. If I export a XD50 QT ref file, I do have that option, but if I then export the sequence out to prores, it changes the makeup of the quicktime file, and although they are still multitrack, QT pro lists them as 10 'discrete' files. My workaround is to transcode the sequence video to prores mxf, export a qt ref and do a 'save as' in QT pro.

I'd prefer not to do the workaround. Anyone know how to do this?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Exporting Multitrack Avid 6.5
on Mar 14, 2014 at 7:20:16 am

Your 'workaround' is the very best method. Fast too. Best because the transcode to ProRes inside MC keeps correct gamma and luma levels, unlike the conversion to ProRes 422 in the Custom Export options (which is actually just using the Quicktime encoder). Fast, because the transcode inside MC can use multiple cores.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]