FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marking Clapper Boards In The Timeline Using Media Composer 6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zora Matthews
Marking Clapper Boards In The Timeline Using Media Composer 6
on Mar 12, 2014 at 2:38:39 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm quite new to Avid Media Composer software and i'm trying to get a grasp on how things work. I have managed to separate my video and audio clips and wanted to know how do i mark the clapper boards for my audio in the timeline using Avid Media Composer 6? also once I have marked the audio in the timeline, how do i move the clip from the timeline to a bin so i can see what i have done? I'd be grateful if anyone can help me please

Kind Regards
Zora Matthews

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Marking Clapper Boards In The Timeline Using Media Composer 6
on Mar 12, 2014 at 4:36:13 pm

[Zora Matthews] "how do i mark the clapper boards for my audio in the timeline using Avid Media Composer 6?"

Mark how? With an IN point? Press "I".

[Zora Matthews] "I have managed to separate my video and audio clips"

Why did you do this?

[Zora Matthews] "also once I have marked the audio in the timeline, how do i move the clip from the timeline to a bin so i can see what i have done?"

Sorry...I'm really confused by what you are describing...and by what you are trying do to. Are you talking about making a SUBCLIP?

The workflow I'm used to is getting picture and audio separate. Double click on a video clip in the bin to load it into the PREVIEW monitor...watch for the clapper board, and when I frame advance to where it connects, I press "I for an in point. I then open the audio file into the Preview monitor and play until I hear the SLAP...and frame advance back and forth until I find the exact frame of the slap, and mark "I".

Then I select both clips in the bin, and GROUP or MULTI-SYNC them. Or, sync them in the bin without marking in or out points if they happen to have matching timecode.

Not sure what you are doing.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Mar 12, 2014 at 5:34:44 pm

If you are trying to adjust audio and video on your timeline, then you can add a marker on the video track where the clapper is closed, add a marker on the audio track when you hear the click, and then move one of them back and forth to line up the markers. Markers will be added to what ever track is the top most active track, so to just do audio one you you have to deactivate all your video tracks before adding a marker. I would also go into wave form view to mark the audio tracks.

I too am confused by the "move to a bin" question.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Zora Matthews
on Mar 13, 2014 at 6:08:40 pm

Hi Shane

Thanks for getting back to me I followed your instructions and pressed auto sync after i marked both the video and audio clips . When i played the sequence it only played the audio and i could not see the video clip on the screen can you help me please.

Kind regards

Zora

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]