FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to export for vimeo

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marco Godard
Best way to export for vimeo
on Mar 10, 2014 at 8:02:37 pm

Hello everyone!

First timer here. I checked the Avid posts and didn't find an answer to my question.

Basically, we shot a music video with a RED scarlet. Then we converted the files to Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ) using Red Cine Pro.

We edited in Avid, then sent an AAF to Resolve where I did the color grading. I used Resolve preset for Avid AAF round trip creating MXF with these settings : DNxHD 220/185/175 10 bits

Apparently everything is now ok in Avid.

We did a small test. We exported about 15 seconds in Pro Res 422 (LT) and I uploaded it to vimeo. However, the colors are off (They weren't when I looked at the clip in VLC on the same monitor or when I imported it in Resolve again). There is a scene that lost the gold/yellow look I went for (seems like a bit desaturated). Another part of the video, which is more pink, seems more pink than it was, like if you add magenta. I noticed though, that if I look at the video in Chrome it's more pink, but in Firefox, the pink scene is closer to what I went for.

From there, here are my questions: What should we do in order to have the best export for Vimeo/Youtube from AVID? What are the best settings? Is it normal to have a slight color shift when uploading big files, like, is there a big compression?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]