FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with upres

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Skehill
Trouble with upres
on Mar 9, 2014 at 7:37:40 pm

Hey guys,

I run AMC 6.5. I may have misinterpreted workflow, for AMA linking and it is causing some trouble when I try to upres.

I linked to the clip from my 5d mkII. I transcoded them into DNX 36 so I could edit them. I was editing with the .new (synced) files. I have finished the sequence and want to upres for grading, but I am unable to link to the clips.

I tried AMA link the clips and relinking with them, but this has not helped. It tells me that no clips were relinked.

I have also read that you can't relink with .new clips is this true?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Trouble with upres
on Mar 10, 2014 at 4:17:01 am

[Patrick Skehill] "I have also read that you can't relink with .new clips is this true?"

Completely untrue.

[Patrick Skehill] "but I am unable to link to the clips.

I tried AMA link the clips and relinking with them, but this has not helped. It tells me that no clips were relinked."

First...what frame rate are your original clips and what frame rate did you edit at? If you shot at 23.98 but transcoded to 29.97, you may have made it much more complicated to relink.

Second...please describe your exact steps for relinking in detail. This should work if your frame rates match and you follow the proper steps.

Return to posts index

Patrick Skehill
on Mar 10, 2014 at 12:58:13 pm

I shot and transcoded to 23.98.
First I took all the clips offline.

I copied the sequence to a new bin. Then I relinked the AMA's to that same bin. (Also did this in reverse order, just in case).

I then higlighted everything (sequence and AMAs) and clicked relink.

In the new window We selected media on all drive (with all drives selected) and load media databases, relink only to media in current project (not the middle choice). In the next section we did Relink by: Original - timecode start followed by both source file name and then ID with the ignore file extension checked (match case has not been checked). I ignored the target box. In the last box he selected relink to video format of current project with the highest quality selected. And then selected create new sequence.

Thanks for taking a look at this and helping out.

Return to posts index

Patrick Skehill
on Mar 13, 2014 at 3:21:14 am

Hey thanks for your help. I switched from media on all drives to media in open bins and then clicked the ignore the file extension and that seems to have done a trick.

Thanks for looking into this, but I'm all set now.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 13, 2014 at 12:47:43 pm

Glad you got it sorted. Sorry I did not see your response..but I pretty much would have suggested what you ended up doing. Probably better that you figured it out yourself, as now you have a better understanding of how it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]