FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MC 6.5 Multiclip problems

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arianna Varalli
Avid MC 6.5 Multiclip problems
on Feb 28, 2014 at 12:10:55 am

Hi everybody
I'm a new Avid editor coming From FPC. I've been working with AVID for about a month and I'm getting use with it.
Now I'm working with multiclip but when I set the multiview and I start edit The preview crash every second and I can't edit with the angle preview. What's the problem? Could be The grafic card?
I'm editing with DvcproHd material.
I've AMA linked first, transcoded every clip after and then group clip.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Arianna

Return to posts index

Brendan Charles
Re: Avid MC 6.5 Multiclip problems
on Feb 28, 2014 at 2:30:02 pm

Off the top of my head I can't think of what might be causing this. If you hadn't transcoded your clips it might have been that. My guess is it is the multiangle view taxing your system.

Have you tried lowering the quality of your preview? You can do this by clicking the green/yellow box at the bottom left of your screen.

Can I ask the specs of the computer you are working on?

Return to posts index

Arianna Varalli
on Feb 28, 2014 at 2:35:44 pm

Yes I did. I lowered the quality of my preview but nothing changed.
I'm working with the transcoded files and I've transcoded these in DVCProHD codec.
I'm working on a Mac Pro 2008 3,2GHz Intel Xeon quad core. 12 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB.
Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Arianna Varalli
on Feb 28, 2014 at 2:59:54 pm

Yes I did. I lowered the quality of my preview but nothing changed.
I'm working with the transcoded files and I've transcoded these in DVCProHD codec.
I'm working on a Mac Pro 2008 3,2GHz Intel Xeon quad core. 12 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB.
Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Brendan Charles
on Feb 28, 2014 at 6:49:51 pm

What I suggest you try is transcoding on a lower resolution codec like DNxHD 45 MXF, doing your edit and then when ready batch import your final sequence at your DVCProHD to do color correction and final export. This way the editing should be faster and you should have overall better performance but not sacrifice on quality- just a couple extra steps.

If this still does not work, it could be your graphics card. Mine has 1gb of memory and I still experience the occasional slowdown when doing multicam.

Return to posts index

Arianna Varalli
on Feb 28, 2014 at 7:33:28 pm

I'll try that Way thank you Very much For the suggest.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Mar 3, 2014 at 4:37:20 pm

What kind of hard drive is your footage stored on? Is it a RAID? Likewise, how are you connecting to it? Firewire 800 should be the absolute minimum. E-sata would be preferable.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]