FORUMS: list search recent posts

Web Export workflow

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Johnson
Web Export workflow
on Feb 27, 2014 at 3:57:30 am

Hello, I'm testing the waters in a move back to Avid and I'm wondering what the fastest way to export for the web is.

My usual method is to send to Apple Compressor, apply a saved setting, and let the multicore processing take over. But reference quicktimes from Avid don't seem to be getting along with compressor.

Do any of the built in Avid export techniques take advantage of multicore processing during export?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Web Export workflow
on Feb 27, 2014 at 2:16:56 pm

Avid comes with Sorenson Squeeze and interfaces nicely with that. Perhaps you can modify your workflow to utilize Squeeze instead of Compressor, which is more or less, designed to work with Final Cut Pro.

I don't know if Squeeze takes better advantage of multiple CPU cores, but I do know it can utilize your graphics card GPU to accelerate exports.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 27, 2014 at 2:24:18 pm

What issues are you seeing with Compressor? It seems that if MoviePlayer can open the reference file, then it should be fine. Are you on Mavericks?

Michael

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Feb 27, 2014 at 2:59:57 pm

download the x264 quicktime codec:
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/20273/x264-quicktime-codec

Then export directly out of Avid using single pass "quality based" with automatic keyframes and datarate.

This produces excellent visual results, exports faster than any other method of creating H264, and also uses all your cores (or, at least most of them).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]