FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I apply another PiP without it affecting the bottom layer?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Bond
How do I apply another PiP without it affecting the bottom layer?
on Feb 26, 2014 at 1:55:17 pm

Hi guys, can you please help me - I've got stuck on a PiP issue.

In AMC 5 on a PC, I have 4x3 image stretched to 16x9 that I'm resizing, adding a title and laying over a 16x9 background. I will then be animating the 4x3 image.

Currently I have:

V3 Title sized to match edge to edge of the 4x3 image
V2 stretched 4x3 image resized using Blend Pip
V1 Background image

Problem is, when I collapse V2 and V3 together and then try and add a PiP or 3D warp to that layer to make it moveable, the PiP effect is also applied to the background.

Main question - how do I apply another PiP without it affecting the bottom layer?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Return to posts index

Alex Bond
Re: How do I apply another PiP without it affecting the bottom layer?
on Feb 26, 2014 at 2:33:31 pm

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 26, 2014 at 4:51:11 pm

Don't use a PIP on layer 2. Use a 3D warp to stretch it.

If that doesn't do the trick, then collapse layer 2 onto itself and see if that works, Sorry, not in front of a system now to test.

This is one of those instances that really illustrates how archaic and cumbersome Avid's effects paradigm is. No other NLE is this weird about layering.

I've been Avid editing since 1998 and I still get tripped up by this stuff! especially after working on other software for awhile.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 26, 2014 at 8:59:37 pm

most of the time I usually bail on remembering how and just do a video mixdown without background and add the effect to that.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Feb 27, 2014 at 12:15:36 pm

- Put the 4x3 video on v1

- Add a 3d warp effect and use the scretch properties to make it 4x3 with black bars at the sides

- now "step in" (bind this to your keyboard if you dont have it).

Once you step into the effect you will see your video on v2, with a blank v1 (the v1 represents the 'black' behind your movie). We are now going to fill that blac with something else. Place your background on v1 and make sure it's identical length as the above v2 track.

Now "step out" and view your normal timeline -- you should see your 4x3 video with the BG on the edges. If you need to add FX to the background at all, step back in and mess with it.

You can now add your title on v2 and carry on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]