FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips Won't AMA Link

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robyn Braun
Clips Won't AMA Link
on Feb 26, 2014 at 1:35:15 am

Hi,
I'm editing an old project on AMC 5.5. I've AMA Linked and transcoded most of the media. However, there are two clips that just won't link. There is no error message and the bin reshuffles as if something has been linked even though nothing has. Basically, Avid just doesn't respond to the request. The rest of the card links and transcodes without issue and the clips in question import without issue. They just won't link.

I don't know what camera the clips were shot with originally, although, I am trying to find out. I can tell you that the files structure of the media is MEDIA > }CLP{ > A001004.MFX

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: Clips Won't AMA Link
on Feb 26, 2014 at 6:09:09 am

Do you have all of the most recent AMA plugins installed? Could these be spanned clips?

Return to posts index

Robyn Braun
on Feb 26, 2014 at 6:23:04 am

I do have the most recent plug-ins for AMC 5.5. I do think it's a spanned clip in the sense that all clips on the card are not longer than 04:53:12. However, like I said before, all the other clips on the card link and transcode without problem. There are just a few that won't link at all and no error message appears.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Feb 26, 2014 at 6:54:44 am

If it's a spanned clip that started on Card 1 and carried over onto Card 2 it will appear as one whole clip in Avid even though it's actually two separate clips (one on each card).

Does it look like you are missing footage?

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 26, 2014 at 1:24:50 pm

silly question as there does seem to be files with .mfx BUT are they .mxf? Have you tried renaming the extension .mxf to see if that resolves anything? you can always rename back to .mfx.

There are several tools (at least for windows) that open and/or repair .mfx files.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Robyn Braun
on Feb 26, 2014 at 6:24:40 pm

Thanks for the responses. As far as clip spanning goes, the clips that won't connect are from the middle of the card. They are spanned with other clips on the card but not spanned across two different cards.

Also, I had a typo before. The clips are .mxf not .mfx. My bad.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]