FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exported Still Image Is Black

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ober
Exported Still Image Is Black
on Feb 24, 2014 at 9:09:52 pm

Hello Folks,

I am trying to export a still image from MC7 w/Symphony. Parked on the frame I want, right click, etc. I have tried several types but each saves as a black frame. Tried RGB and 709.

On Late 2013 MBPro, Mavericks/GT750m/16GB one.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Exported Still Image Is Black
on Feb 24, 2014 at 9:42:57 pm

What file type are you exporting? JPEG, TIF, etc.? Also make sure your settings are correct for active tracks or not, etc.

Michael

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Feb 24, 2014 at 10:17:47 pm

[Michael Phillips] "What file type are you exporting? JPEG, TIF, etc.? Also make sure your settings are correct for active tracks or not, etc."

I have tried at least tiff, pict, and jpeg. Tried active tracks on and off.

Thanks for your reply,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

Hans Sieber
on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:13:16 pm

Ho Robert,

maybe this helps. Mark the desired frame in your timeline. Use match fram to load that frame in your player monitor. Export from the player monitor with right-click. Deactivate "use selected tracks" in the export setting.
Hope this workaround gets you going. Normally you should be able to export directly from the timeline. If you turn of "use selected Tracks" and "use selected marks" it should export correctly.

Hans

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Feb 25, 2014 at 5:46:32 pm

[Hans Sieber] "maybe this helps. Mark the desired frame in your timeline. Use match fram to load that frame in your player monitor. Export from the player monitor with right-click. Deactivate "use selected tracks" in the export setting.
Hope this workaround gets you going. Normally you should be able to export directly from the timeline. If you turn of "use selected Tracks" and "use selected marks" it should export correctly."

Thanks for that, I was able to get a still from the source viewer. Unfortunately I want a still from the timeline that I am trying to color correct. Still cannot do that.

Y'all be cool,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

Hans Sieber
on Feb 26, 2014 at 8:03:24 am

Ok if that worked you could try to load your sequence in the player window and export from there. Maybe it works too. Actually it should export from either location but the ways of Media composer are unknown to us...

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Mar 6, 2014 at 12:15:11 am

[Hans Sieber] "Ok if that worked you could try to load your sequence in the player window and export from there. Maybe it works too."

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by the player window. You mean the Composer window? That of course is what I was doing in the beginning.

Take it EZ,
Robert

Return to posts index

Michelle Mizner
on Apr 21, 2014 at 2:44:53 pm

Hi Robert - Did you ever resolve this issue? I exported one JPEG via right click on composer window without problem, and now all similar attempts result in black frame. (MC7)

Thanks
Michelle

Return to posts index

Michelle Mizner
on Apr 21, 2014 at 2:52:41 pm

Oh ha nevermind just figured it out -- for future reference, don't forget to set In and Out around the frame!

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Apr 21, 2014 at 2:59:13 pm

Good to know, I think I exported a mov and captured the frame in Quicktime Pro. I am still looking for workflow alternatives to some of the stuff I do with Quicktime Pro.

For those that don't know, Apple has deprecated the Quicktime framework.

Y'all be cool,
Robert:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]