FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Offline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Lydon
Media Offline
on Feb 24, 2014 at 6:51:52 pm

Hello,

I am having trouble with persistent "Media Offline" problems. I just AMA linked a video and made 3 title cards and they all appeared fine on the timeline. I closed the project and opened it again and they all say Media Offline. Could someone help? Not sure what the root of this problem is. Thank you

timothy

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Media Offline
on Feb 24, 2014 at 7:31:18 pm

I have found on our systems that we must relink each time we reopen a project - other than the hassle it doesn't affect clip naming or sequence edits.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
on Feb 24, 2014 at 7:39:54 pm

But it won't let me re-link. The option is shaded out, I can't even choose it... And why am I losing the new title cards each time I close the project? Have you ever run into this problem:

You import a video and then the next video you import takes on the image of the prior video import but with the audio of the new one? I can't figure out why it is doing this.

Thanks

Timothy

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 25, 2014 at 1:10:03 pm

I don't understand the problem of the titles missing. If you create a title it will go to the media folder on a drive; Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1 --- so if you are missing media then you don't have the original drive connected and/or there are corrupt database files inside the numbered folder. Avid can have up to 99 folders (1 - 99) but from what you are saying I would think you would just have one folder (1).

If you do have the drive and folders connectd you can delete these files - .mdb and .pmr and Avid will rebuild them when you open the app - this should eliminate corrupt database files.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
on Feb 25, 2014 at 7:16:25 pm

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I created an effect in Marquee ( a title card for my film)... I save this as I always have done but when I close and open AVID, these effects now say "media offline" Twice in the past two days I have gone and deleted the .mdb and .pmr files and this is still happening.

Return to posts index

Hans Sieber
on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:08:36 pm

Hi Timothy,

just a guess. Are you working in an Interplay environment? If so it could be dynamic relink that´s getting in your way. Another shot in blue would be a DFS share. Is the AMA linkes Material stored on such a setup?

Hans

Return to posts index

Brendan Charles
on Feb 25, 2014 at 4:22:38 pm

For the titles, with your sequence open, you can go to Clip > Recreate Title Media This should recreate the media for the 3 titles you are missing.

If relinking is greyed out I would suggest going into your bin, right clicking the clip and select 'Batch Import' - here you can select the clip in your file system. Are looking at the proper 'Relink'? - Because there is 'ReLink' and 'Relink to AMA File' and they are not the same.

As far as what might be causing persistent unlinking... are you working on an external hard drive? If so, what kind? USB? Thunderbolt? ESATA? It could be your hard drive is failing and Avid isn't picking it up when first opening the program.

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
on Feb 25, 2014 at 7:17:28 pm

Thank you Brendan, yes I am working on a external hard drive, a Seagate w. firewire 800...

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
on Feb 25, 2014 at 7:25:12 pm

I am also having importing issues. I wonder if it is my hard drive. I just had AVID open and all my videos were in my bin and fine. I put one clip on the timeline then closed AVID and opened it again and all that media is now offline. This has been happening constantly the last few days. I don't know what the problem is. Also, There are clips that when I import, there is only a green screen in the source monitor. Should I start the project over on a new hard drive?

Return to posts index

Robert Pitman
on Feb 25, 2014 at 11:41:58 pm

Hello Timothy,

What version of Media Composer are you using?

What OS are you on?

What codec is this footage, what installed AMA plugin(s) have you installed and what AMA plugins are installed on the system?

To look up your AMA plugin information:

MC7 go to your Project Window and click the "Info" tab look for AMA Plugin info.

MC6.5 and below go Tools>Console, type "AMA_ListPlugins"

Check that you are up-to-date with your AMA plugins by looking at http://www.avid.com/ama

Also please look at ALL the folder and file names between HDD root and media, any odd characters "/\+%" etc?

If your not sure about your HDD, always back it up, see if the new or temp HDD works? Try transcoding to DNxHD, see if all files work (No more green screens - that sounds like a decode issue maybe wrong AMA plugin?)

Good luck.

Cheers,
Robert

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
on Mar 4, 2014 at 5:03:32 pm

Robert,

Thank you for replying.

I actually started a new AVID (7) project after I transferred all my footage to a new hard drive. With the old project I had some footage that was imported and some linked which seemed to be giving me trouble. So I just imported 5 video clips that were shot on a JVC700 (1080p, 24fps) but once I bring them into the source monitor I only see a green screen. Is there a setting I have that is causing this? Or am I importing them incorrectly?

Thanks!

Timothy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]