FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking media

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Tyo
Relinking media
on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:36:07 pm

I am currently working on Avid MC7. I have been editing a documentary for several months now, and have recently encountered a pretty substantial problem with the audio files.

The audio portions of my master clips have been appearing offline, for two different reasons.

1). It seems like some of the audio mxfs have just been disappearing altogether (in which case, I will have to find a way to recapture the source footage).
2). A lot of the audio mxfs that are going offline are locatable in the Media Files folders, but refuse to relink.

I have tried rebuilding the database files several times now, to no avail.

Is there a way to manually choose audio files for relinking? Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Relinking media
on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:53:24 pm

How were the master clips and media created in the first place?

Michael

Return to posts index

Derek Tyo
on Feb 24, 2014 at 7:39:03 pm

The tapes are HDV 1080i, 60 fps and were captured using the MC capture tool. Up until recently we haven't had any issues with the media but somehow the audio is just going missing completely or just going offline and unable to be relinked.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 24, 2014 at 8:40:50 pm

Very strange - that's the most tried and true method... perhaps shutting down the MC and deleting the two msm files files in all of the MXF mediafile folders might rebuild the database and links.

Michael

Return to posts index

Derek Tyo
on Feb 24, 2014 at 8:50:42 pm

Thanks for responding but we've tried deleting the .msm files and it still doesn't seem to be working.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 24, 2014 at 9:02:55 pm

Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion. I can't think of what might be causing this.

Michael

Return to posts index

Hans Sieber
on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:19:38 pm

I´m not sur if I can be of great help but you might try one thing. Create a new bin and then drag the .mdb file into the open bin. Mc should then populate your bin with all the clips that a within that MAX Folder. If your able to locate your "missing but physically there" audio files you could try to relink them by selecting these clips and the sequence and then relink with the option "relink to selected Clips/in open bins". Did you start the project using Version 7?

Hans

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]