FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding/Consolidating Advice

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Uli Kunkel
Transcoding/Consolidating Advice
on Feb 21, 2014 at 5:22:01 am

I have a rather large project on a drive that I want to move to another hard drive. However, I want to transcode all the video to a lower bitrate codec so that it takes up less space.

So, I opened the media tool in the project and first populated it with all of the master clips from my project that live on the project drive. I then selected all of the video clips, went to Clip/Consolidate-Transcode and selected my options for transcoding the video over to the other drive.

As this was going, I was curious if it was moving the audio media with it along with the newly transcoded video media. So, I peeked in the Avid MediaFiles folder and saw that was not the case. It appears that only the transcoded video was moving over to my other drive.

By the time all of my transcoding is done, I'll have my lower-res video on one drive and my high-res video AND corresponding audio on the original drive.

My question is, what is the best way for me to move the audio over to the new drive so that my project can relink to it at a lower resolution when moved off site?

I can't select all the clips in the media tool and choose the consolidate option because that will move audio and video together.

Should I uncheck "Audio and Video on same drive," select the original drive as the video drive, the new drive for the audio drive, and make sure "Skip media already on volume?" Would that do the trick?

OR Do I repopulate the media tool to have it show only MEDIA FILES the consolidate only the audio files over to the new drive?

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Uli

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]