FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cineraid drive issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stacy Ratliff
Cineraid drive issue
on Feb 21, 2014 at 12:29:49 am

I purchase a couple of Model: CR-H252 cineraid enclosures and am using with my avid Media composers in normal mode. That means drives act as individual drives not raided together. This allows me to put individual projects on a drive and swap them between my two systems...in theory.
The problem I am having is that every time I shut down, when I power back up the drives are not there. Each time I have to go into computer management and assign them a drive letter. Also, if I swap out a drive it will drop the drive that was left and I have to go into computer management again and assign both drives an individual drive letter. Is there any way around this. Also, if I stop editing for just a couple of minutes the drives seem to spin down. When I start editing again Avid delays and I can hear them spin up. Any suggestions? If this is in the wrong forum I am sorry. Thanks for your insights in advance.

Media Composer 7.0.3 running on an AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six Core Processor @ 3.50GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, QT 7.7.4. Quatro 4000 video card running 320.78 drivers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]