FORUMS: list search recent posts

Old Boxed sets of MC 5

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Barrow
Old Boxed sets of MC 5
on Feb 20, 2014 at 5:44:42 pm

We are now on MC 7, trying to do housekeeping ... is there any reason why I need to keep 8 box sets of MC 5 laying around? They each have their own set of serial number and keys but we have all dongles and use them to activate our software. Thanks in advance!

Ricky

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Old Boxed sets of MC 5
on Feb 20, 2014 at 7:59:11 pm

So you are saying that you have an 8 MC5 software licenses that have not been replaced by the dongle? If so, you can always try selling them.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 20, 2014 at 8:11:08 pm

I don't think that is what we have ... we purchased upgrades from Pre 5.X to MC5.X then we purchased upgrades from 5.X to 6.X - both times we purchased from Videoguys and received box sets with serial numbers which we registered with Avid but we activated the software with our dongles. So actually we have boxed sets for MC5 and MC6 ---- if we actually purchased fully licensed Avid Software, then yes, we have many to sell! Maybe the Avid Community forum would know? Unfortunately I am ignorant, uniformed and uneducated about these things.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 20, 2014 at 8:13:45 pm

Actually it is our 11 dongles that are registered with Avid ... I'm not sure why the boxed sets (I believe it was back when it was a "production bundle" - install discs) have their own "string of numbers" associated with them.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:08:30 pm

If your 11 dongles were originally registered to the boxes of MC5, or at some point in their life registered for that software, than the license for that software no longer exists, as you've upgraded it to 6, 6.5 and 7.

The one thing that software is good for is using it in an older system for what ever reason. If you ever needed to use mc 5.0, your current dongle will still work for it. Dongles are supposed to be backwards compatible.

You can't really sell it, as who ever buys it would have to pay Avid for a new license anyway...well you could, but they would probably be very upset with you for selling it.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Scott Townsley
on Feb 21, 2014 at 4:50:21 pm

On another note, if you have 3rd party discs from the box sets that you never used the licenses for...you could certainly sell those.

I would not include your Avid license information, but certainly Avid DVD, Sonicfire Pro, Boris, etc could be sold if you didn't use them.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 24, 2014 at 2:33:53 pm

Thank you all - I found out as stated that the software we have is tied to our registered dongles. File 13 for the boxed sets!

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]