FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID Pan and Zoom

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Lydon
AVID Pan and Zoom
on Feb 19, 2014 at 9:34:27 pm

Hello,

I converted a PDF file to JPEG. The quality of the JPEG Is high: 1275 × 1650 but when I used the pan and zoom effect and export, the quality of the image is not good at all. Any suggestions? Thanks! Timothy

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: AVID Pan and Zoom
on Feb 20, 2014 at 2:07:29 am

Hate to break the news to you (and I am not being smart about this) - sorry to say that the resolution isn't even at 1280x720 HD much less full HD at 1920x1080. Typically to do much movement you will need images in the 2-4K pixel range (like 3000x3000 pixels).

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 20, 2014 at 2:10:51 am

Hate to break the news to you (and I am not being smart about this) - sorry to say that the resolution isn't even at 1280x720 HD much less full HD at 1920x1080. Typically to do much movement you will need images in the 2-4K pixel range (like 3000x3000 pixels)

If you are careful, not going in too tight and if you render at higher(est) quality within the effect at the highest resolution for your project, you may improve your results.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
on Feb 20, 2014 at 9:45:50 pm

Hi Ricky,

Thanks so much for responding. I used 'Preview' on my Mac to convert the PDF to JPEG. AVID wouldn't allow too large a file but it would import 17,000x 22,000. The quality still looks the same though when I export it. Could it be how I am importing it into AVID? I am using the AVID DNxHD 175 MXF. Could it be 'Preview'? Would using Photoshop make that much of a difference? Also, what so you mean by 'render at the highest quality'? I have just been exporting it, I thought the render took place during that process.

Thanks again!

Timothy

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 20, 2014 at 10:59:02 pm

Don't import - add the effect to filler in the timeline then access the file within the effect through effect editor. OR, if you do import it and use it in the timeline as a placeholder, add the effect to the import BUT still, through the effect editor, link to or access the original file through the effect itself - I have found it best to switch the view mode to target rather than source when setting keyframes for your move. I wish I was in front of the Avid and I could explain how to access the source file (I forget what the button says or what the icon looks like) but you should be able to poke around and make it work - then you render the effect and you will notice how great it looks!

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 20, 2014 at 11:07:22 pm

I am out of time but here is a tutorial that shows the effect - go about 2 minutes in to see the part you want.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
on Feb 22, 2014 at 10:35:19 pm

Ricky,

Thank you. I did import the image through the effect and put it on the filler, however, when I export the video, the image looks blurry and not great....I guess I will just have to live with it...

Appreciate your time ---

Timothy

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
on Feb 24, 2014 at 1:29:47 pm

Hey,

Figured it out. When I used Preview to export the image, I was using 'Jpeg'. I switched to Jpeg-2000 with a 1,000 resolution and that did the trick. The image looks good now when I export. Thanks again, Timothy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]