FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam timecode issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Ba
XDCam timecode issue
on Feb 14, 2014 at 5:25:27 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm on a project with multiple ediors all using their own external drives. We recently got some new XDCam footage which I ama'd then consolidated onto the first project. I then consolidated those files again onto a portable drive to injest them onto the second project, but when I brought up the files in media tool, all the time codes were completely off. The first clip is suppose to start at 17:24:22:20 as it is does the first project, but on the second project it reads as starting at 10:28:45:10.

The time codes in the second project don't even progress with eachother. That same first clip ends at 10:49:30:13, while the next one starts at 10:50:04:00, so according to the TC 30 seconds disappeared, although all the clips are the correct durration and we're not actually missing any footage.

Then about half way through the bin half the clips adopt the correct time code while others remain off by hours.

Has anybody ever experience anything like this before? The exact same media files, both computers (Mac) running the same version of MC (7), but somehow this second system is spitting out totally random TC.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]