FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing TC1 on timeline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Avi Lev
changing TC1 on timeline
on Feb 8, 2014 at 3:09:52 pm

I'm trying to change the starting time on the timeline TC1 from 01:00:00:00 to 10:00:00:00.
When I'm doing it through the project settings > General > Default Starting TC (reset) > OK,
Nothing happens.(?)
Is there other way of doing it?
Thanks, Avi

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: changing TC1 on timeline
on Feb 8, 2014 at 3:13:11 pm

That should change it for all new sequences. For an existing sequence change it's START time in the bin.

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 8, 2014 at 3:55:27 pm

or right click in your record window and select sequence report. Thats where i usually change it.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 8, 2014 at 4:13:04 pm

That works too, as long as you understand that clicking the counterintuitive "cancel" button to get out of that dialog window once the new timecode has been applied will not undo the change. A horrible design from a logic standpoint.

Michael

Return to posts index

Avi Lev
on Feb 8, 2014 at 4:54:36 pm

Thanks Michael
Yes indeed it's working. Yet, there was another way to do it, by clicking on the record window > command+i. For some reason this option is not available on v5.o.4
Avi

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 8, 2014 at 5:10:04 pm

The command-I (get info) got changed in v6 for both clips in the bin and for the sequence monitor to what it is now - in my opinion not for the better. If you command-I in the bin on several clips i tused to give you total number of clips and total duration in the console. Now it pops up an info window for each clip. Not fun closing all those down when you want to get a bin's worth of counts and timing. And you can't even change what is in the pop up window. If at least you could specify one of your bin views to the pop up it would be better. The whole concept of the original pop-up get-info window for was when you were in frame view or scriptsync view and you wanted to quickly get-info for that one clip as a temporary state pop up. A happy compromise in the new design would be pop-up clip info when one clip is selected, and when two or more are selected the same pop up window changes to total number of clips selected and duration and I would add in this world of file based workflows, total file size.

As far as changing timecode values, why not allow clicking in those boxes where the timecode displays already are and let the user change it there? There could be a lot of additional value in allowing that to happen and use the computer attached to calcualte offsets for audio syncing, multicam, as well as first frame of picture starts at this timecode "here" rather than always having to use the timecode calculator to manually calculate offsets. But we did get nice colors. :)

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]