FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Tracks

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Edwards
Audio Tracks
on Feb 7, 2014 at 11:34:28 am

If I import MXF the audio is placed onto two mono tracks, A1 and A2,- which I prefer.

If I import from AVCHD the audio is placed onto a combined A3 stereo track rather than on the same A1 and A2 tracks.

I made a change which caused this but can't reverse it: could some kind person point me to the setting which will put this back the way I like it? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
Re: Audio Tracks
on Feb 7, 2014 at 11:39:13 am

Please ignore this - I've sorted it out.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Feb 7, 2014 at 8:31:52 pm

How did you solve it? Every time I get a clip from my XDCam that was recorded on channel 1 it shows up in MC on channel 3. Doesn't seem to matter that I re-direct the input, it keeps defaulting back to channel 3. Must be something I'm doing wrong and would love to know how to fix it.

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on Feb 8, 2014 at 8:56:17 am

Hi Nick: I'm sorry but I'm not sure what worked. It may have to do with this: IMPORT SETTINGS > AUDIO TAB > Set Multichannel Audio - deselect stereo icon below A1 and A2 - but I have no confidence in this!

Return to posts index

Hans Sieber
on Feb 8, 2014 at 11:22:54 am

Hi Dave,

you´re right with your assumption. By either selecting or deselecting the Stereo Symbol in the Import/Audio tab you´re able to choose how avid treats your audio. You can change that even after you imported a clip. E.G. you imported something and forgot to deselect the stereo icon. If you want to change that after importing simply highlight the clip in the bin, click the right mouse button, select modify and then choose set multichannel audio. Same context menu as in the import settings.
Hope I could be of any assistance.

Cheers

Hans

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on Feb 8, 2014 at 3:09:20 pm

Thanks, Hans.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]