FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing DVCPRO into Avid via firewire

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Norgate
Capturing DVCPRO into Avid via firewire
on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:31:12 pm

Hi,

Having a few problems trying tp capture from the Panasonic AJ-HD1400 into Avid. The deck is recognised (as generic Pal Device) and is set to 1080 50i and Avid recognises when I put a tape in, I have machine control - yet all I see in the Avid capture window is the grey background, and the capture fails after a few seconds without having captured anything.

I'm in MC5.5.4. Running an Avid station that has captured happily by firewire before, but not DVCPRO as far as I'm aware.

Any help much appreciated!

Mark

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: Capturing DVCPRO into Avid via firewire
on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:52:21 pm

Is your project settings set to the exact settings for DVCPROHD? Check The format tab > Raster Dimension and make sure it's 1280x1080.

Return to posts index

Mark Norgate
on Feb 4, 2014 at 2:16:59 pm

I'd had it as 1920x1080. Only other option is 1440x1080 which doesn't make any difference.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Feb 4, 2014 at 2:19:15 pm

Hmm, odd, because PAL DVCproHD is indeed 1440x1080 (it's 1280x1080 for NTSC).

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:55:37 pm

Are you sure the tape is 1080i50? Is the deck hooked up to a monitor so you can confirm that it's playing back correctly? In Avid have you tried manually setting the deck to AJ-HD1400 (instead of generic PAL)? Do you have all the correct A/V inputs turned on in the Capture Tool (hey, sometimes it's the most obvious stuff)?

Return to posts index

Mark Norgate
on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:58:58 pm

Thanks for your responses. It ultimately turned out to be settings on the deck. Despite it displaying HD 50 on the front, there were some internal settings that weren't correct (don't have exact details, sorry!) which was preventing it from outputting properly.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Feb 5, 2014 at 6:17:21 am

Glad you figured it out Mark. I've used those decks before and been tripped up by settings mismatches too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]