FORUMS: list search recent posts

Codec problems

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Loch Phillipps
Codec problems
on Feb 2, 2014 at 7:36:32 pm

I'm trying to get access to different DNxHD resolutions in MC 6.5.4 running on Mac OSX 10.7.5. The installer tells me the installation has worked but in my library/quicktime folder, I see no added codecs. And I get no options other than DNxHD 444 350 X MXF in my Avid/Media Creation/Import pop up menu. This would create files that a way too large.

Is there something wrong with the Avid Installer? Can I simply copy codecs directly into my library/quicktime folder? Will these same codecs then be available to AfterEffects?

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Codec problems
on Feb 2, 2014 at 8:32:57 pm

In your format tab, make sure you set your color space to RGB as opposed to Rec.709. The 444 options won't show up in Rec.709.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Loch Phillipps
on Feb 2, 2014 at 9:38:08 pm

Richard,

Thanks so much for this. In fact, I wound up doing the reverse, changing the format from RGB 709 to YCbCr 709 and suddenly I see all the various MXF options I'm looking for in Media Creation. I'm not sure how that works that way but it's fine by me and I'm happy to be ingesting footage this weekend so I can get my editor going on Monday. You saved my bacon.

Loch

Loch Phillipp
Off Ramp Films

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Feb 2, 2014 at 9:47:26 pm

Glad it all worked out!

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index