Audio export has tin sound in AVID

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adelina Lela
Audio export has tin sound in AVID
on Jan 30, 2014 at 2:47:34 am
Last Edited By Adelina Lela on Jan 30, 2014 at 2:57:11 am

Hi,

I have been struggling with an audio problem for awhile now and would appreciate any help. When exporting an uncompressed mov of a 4 minute sequence from Avid Media Composer 7, the audio on one clip starts sounding "tinny" about half way through. I have had the problem show up randomly on other sequences with the same clips. When I first encountered the problem, per some advice online, I tried exporting the sound out as mono instead of stereo and it fixed the issue. I tried the same "fix" again on another sequence when the problem came up again, but it didn't work.

I haven't been able to find any information online from individuals who understand why this problem is occuring. I fixed it one other time by changing the two audio tracks FROM mid TO one pan 100% left and another track to 100% right pan. It fixed the problem, but I am a little bewildered as to why this is occuring. Obviously, exporting as mono or changing the pan are only crutch fixes and I would like to correct the problem. Thanks ahead of time.

AL

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Audio export has tin sound in AVID
on Jan 30, 2014 at 1:03:20 pm

In the "old" days I would say it is a phasing problem - might be worth looking into. I don't know if MC still has a phase reversal button, seems like I remember it did in the early days but I haven't encountered a phase problem in a long time.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]