FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error messages: Galore!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schultz
Error messages: Galore!
on Jan 29, 2014 at 2:35:13 am

Okay, this is a repeat of a similar project I've done several times.

Media consists of clips exported from After Effects as DNxHD, and AMA-linked into Avid.
There are also a couple sections of photos with images with pan&zoom. Same as previous projects.
The entire timeline is about 9 minutes.

First of all, I've been getting the "Serious Error..." warning. So I followed someone else's advice from this forum, and closed out all the bins and re-opened them, and that went away.

Then the problem comes when exporting. I'm using "Same as Source" andkeeping everything as simple as possible...just a straight export of audio and video.

Then I keep getting hit with the error message about 1/4 the way through: "Exception: std::exception, what:"Segmentation fault" in thread...

I tried restarting everything numerous times. I tried duplicating the sequence. Still no soap.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Error messages: Galore!
on Jan 29, 2014 at 3:12:06 am

Try a mixdown first, then export "same as source."

Michael

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
on Jan 29, 2014 at 3:53:44 am

Hi Michael,

How do you do a mix down?

THanks, Dan

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 29, 2014 at 1:13:52 pm

With sequence active, go to "Special" menu and select video mixdown. You can do the same for audio. Then create a sequence of just those two elements and export as source from there.

Michael

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
on Jan 29, 2014 at 1:48:24 pm

Thanks, Michael.

That worked!

Do you have any suggestions for the other error message that keeps popping up every time I open this project: "Exception: A serious error has occurred! It is recommneded that you immediatly save your work and restart the system"

This has happened each time I shut down everything and restarted again.

Thanks again!

-Dan S.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 29, 2014 at 1:57:52 pm

I don't, if I did, I could make millon$!! ;)

Michael

Return to posts index

Mark Renz
on Jan 29, 2014 at 4:45:23 pm

[Daniel Schultz] "Exception: A serious error has occurred! It is recommneded that you immediatly save your work and restart the system"

Depending on the version of Avid, this could be related to AMA media being offline in your sequence. I think it went away in version 6, I know I haven't had it in a while.

Mark Renz
Senior Editor
Outpost Worldwide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]