FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC 7.03 / Marvericks/2014 Mac Pro/BMD Ultra 4K

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Boghosian
MC 7.03 / Marvericks/2014 Mac Pro/BMD Ultra 4K
on Jan 23, 2014 at 8:57:42 pm

About the pull the trigger on the new Mac Pro as the platform for my MC 7 (7.03) edit station. Adding the BMD Ultra 4K for viewing HD output. Any gotchas come up yet in Mavericks?

Thanks.

Rick Boghosian
Bogh AV Productions

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: MC 7.03 / Marvericks/2014 Mac Pro/BMD Ultra 4K
on Jan 25, 2014 at 3:21:34 pm

mavericks seems fine so far, but Mac Pro 2014 is not a qualified machine yet.

Avid has no GPU acceleration on the Mac, so don't expect any boost from the dual FirePro cards.

Return to posts index

Cameron Warn
on Jan 30, 2014 at 2:01:47 am

I have a new hex-core MacPro and AVID MC 7.0.3 does not work on it, so you might want to wait if AVID is your primary editing software.

It fails to load and displays a "failed to initialise audio hardware" message every time you try to launch it.

There are a few others on the AVID forums who have this issue as well so don't think its just a problem on my machine.

Return to posts index

Zach Fine
on Feb 1, 2014 at 7:25:18 pm

Same exact problem here, on a new Mac Pro 8-core with D700. I wanted to shout at it "Who cares about initializing audio hardware -- the footage I'm going to deal with today is all MOS!", but they haven't built Siri into MC yet.

Return to posts index

Richard Boghosian
on Feb 3, 2014 at 10:22:36 pm

Those of you having a "failed to initialize audio hardware" issues, can I ask what I/O device are you using with your MacPro?

Richard Boghosian
Bogh AV Productions

AVID 7.03 MacPro 2014 16Gb ram BMD Ultra 4K

Return to posts index

Sean Ender
on Feb 26, 2014 at 10:20:36 pm

I had the same problem and I had found a few weeks back a post by Avid explaining why. Unfortunately I do not remember where that was but that they had recently gotten a new MP and were working on the problem. I just got mine set up, had the same problem and found this Avid forum http://community.avid.com/forums/t/124960.aspx.

I installed the program WavTap and upon the next startup, Avid worked just fine. Haven't worked with anything as of this post, but at least it's open. Good Luck, hope this works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]