FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error message: "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lewis Stiefel
Error message: "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0
on Jan 23, 2014 at 5:11:25 am

Hello I am a college student, I am currently working on a project and this error popped up. Can somebody give me advice on a way to fix this issue? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael McCune
Re: Error message: "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0
on Jan 25, 2014 at 9:08:08 pm

Lewis; With problems of this sort, that is, "Corruption ...," "Segmentation ...," "Consistency ...error found ...," I have found that housecleaning often--magically--cures the error. This suggests to me that the problem is in the database and not the media.

(Though I have had errors and found that, indeed, there was an error in one--yes, one--frame. Find it, delete it and move on ): )

Of course we all know about deleting the two MXF folder files, *.pmr and *.mmob, and relaunching Avid. I usually ask the Windows file manager to find all the instances of these files, especially if one has several drives and lots of mxf folders. This will also find those on the C drive even though you probably don't use that drive for storage.

I have also encountered errors, surprisingly often actually, when doing complex Avid FX work and then asking Avid to render the timeline. Simply closing and restarting Avid clears the "error." Sometimes I render a portion of the timeline, close Avid, restart, as a preventive routine.

Again, these may be database integrity issues, not media issues.

Best!
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]