FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Tool not showing all audio files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hill
Media Tool not showing all audio files
on Jan 21, 2014 at 3:25:50 pm

I've got avid mc 5.5 and when I open the media tool to take a look at a drive, my "Media: drive, the Tool will show me the music files on that drive represented by their waveform audio icons.
However, the audio files that go with their video files are not represented by waveform audio icons. Instead these files are represented by a master clip icon and only show the drive, "1 GB," where the Video files reside.
If I click on the master clip icon and reveal file it will show me that, yes, the audio file is sitting on the Media drive.
But shouldn't I just be seeing the audio files by themselves (represented by their waveform icons) and showing the drive, Media, where they exist?
Why instead does Media Tool show me the masterclips from another drive, "1 GB" (that I didn't ask it to show me) in which case I have to click on the masterclip to reveal file to see that the audio does live on the Media drive?

Thanks for your knowledge!

John

Return to posts index

James Beattie
Re: Media Tool not showing all audio files
on Mar 5, 2014 at 12:37:05 pm

This is an older post, but Avid Masterclips that have audio and video are shown as a master clip. If they only have audio when originally imported or captured, it shows the audio clip.

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

John Hill
Re: Media Tool not showing all audio files
on May 2, 2014 at 5:27:15 pm

Thanks James,

Avid could make it clearer though as to what drive the audio is on. I wrongly assumed the audio was on the same drive as the masterclip (video). Ended up deleting my audio by mistake. I guess you must click Reveal File to make sure the Audio portion of your masterclip is on the same drive.

I've learned my lesson. Painfully.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]