FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rolling title not playing in source monitor

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danielle Warren
Rolling title not playing in source monitor
on Jan 15, 2014 at 10:34:00 pm

Hello all,
Forgive me as I'm still relatively new to Avid MC, but I can't seem to find this answered anywhere else. I am working in a tutorial, I created a simple rolling title that I saved. I then double clicked it to open in the source window, but when I press play, it just plays black. If I scrub in the source monitor, I can see the rolling title. But again, if I just leave the playhead and press play, the playhead moves but all I see is black.

I threw it in the TL and the same thing happened. I rendered and now it plays in the TL but still not in the source monitor. I have 'render on the fly' selected and I tried deleting the site settings, MC State, and site attributes as well as creating a new user. Nothing has worked.

Can anyone explain what I am missing or if there is something wrong with my system perhaps? This seems odd that you can't preview a title in the source window before having to cut into the TL and render just to see what it actually looks like.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Rolling title not playing in source monitor
on Jan 16, 2014 at 8:32:13 am

A roll is a non-RT effect (blue dot), which means you need to render before you can play. It's been that way for too long.
Also, if you were able to play it in the source monitor, the roll would often be very slow, since the speed of the roll is determined by the length and the duration, and the default duration of a title is 2 minutes.

Return to posts index

Danielle Warren
on Jan 16, 2014 at 3:57:40 pm

Thanks for the reply Job. So you're saying that any effect/title that has to be rendered can't ever first be seen in the source window? You have to cut it into the TL first? That seems very strange, but then I'm used to working in FCP where you can always play a title before having to cut it into the TL and render it. I even tried rendering in the composer window, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jan 16, 2014 at 7:39:31 pm

Media Composer let us do that until 1998, then it became a non-RT effect.

The Title Tool is pretty much an abomination, and not only did Avid not develop it much, they keep breaking it with each release, or so it seems.

You might want to check out Marquee, which is slow, but far more capable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]