FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mystery green dot motion effect

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eli Bierwag
Mystery green dot motion effect
on Jan 15, 2014 at 4:55:43 pm

I'm stumped.
I'm operating AMC 6.5.4 on a Mac and received a project from a client.
The project setting is 1080p/29.97. I want it to stay that way.
ALL of the footage is on one drive location, and is ALL DnX 145 1080p 29.97.
Yet for whatever reason, the sequence containing this footage is completely full of green dots. When I go to the motion effect editor, it is trying to convert all of the clips in the sequence as follows:
Source: progressive
Output: Interlaced

I want this thing to stay 1080p all the way through. Anyone have insight as to why Avid wants to interlace it, despite the project, sequence and footage ALL being in 1080p?
When I remove effect on one of the clips, the green dot goes away, and all seems fine. Is there a way for me to remove the green dots throughout the entire sequence in one move? Doing it on the 1000+ clips individually is time prohibitive.
Thanks for your replies!

Return to posts index

Eli Bierwag
Re: Mystery green dot motion effect
on Jan 15, 2014 at 8:09:17 pm

I think I worked it out.
After messing around, and trying everything I could think of, I resorted to trying things I'd never done before.
I eventually right-clicked on the sequence and saw the option to "refresh sequence." I tried each of the options under refresh sequence with no luck, and finally tried selecting "ALL" under the refresh sequence dialogue.
That fixed it. Don't know why or how, but it did the trick.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 15, 2014 at 8:25:35 pm

You or someone else must have inadvertently edited them into a sequence when the project was set to 1080i. A motion adapter got applied to all clips automatically. When you opened the project as 1080p, the motion adapters stayed on until you refreshed the sequence.

Return to posts index

Avi Lev
on Jan 15, 2014 at 10:57:32 pm

Hi
for some reason it doesn't work on mine. I go Refresh Sequence > All
Yet the green dot is there on V1
Avi

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jan 16, 2014 at 8:11:32 pm

What's your source format, frame rate and raster size and what's your sequence format, frame rate and raster size? If one doesn't match the other, you will get either a Motion Adapter or FrameFlex, which will show as green dots.

Return to posts index

Avi Lev
on Jan 16, 2014 at 9:47:24 pm

Is there a way to include shots from a project with (Format: Raster Dimension1440x1080, Project Type: 1080i/59.94, Color Space: YCbCr 709)
- in a project with format: ( Raster Dimension: 1920x1080, Project Type: 1080p/29.97 Color Space: YCbCr 709) ?
In other way, how can you edit a multi format scene?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jan 17, 2014 at 7:37:47 pm

Sure, just combine them any way you want. The green dots indicate that there is a framerate conversion happening (from 59.94i to 29.97p for instance).

Return to posts index

Avi Lev
on Jan 17, 2014 at 10:41:24 pm

OK, If this is the case, what you suppose to do? Is it editable?, can you still export it without crushing the Avid system?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 20, 2014 at 2:07:32 am

[Avi Lev] "OK, If this is the case, what you suppose to do? Is it editable?, can you still export it without crushing the Avid system?
"

Not sure I follow....are you having problems?

Mix and match works well in Avid. You should be able to edit just fine, provided your system is qualified or reasonably well powered. You should be able to export to other codecs...but just not "same-as-source" export, if you are mixing frame rates or codecs. Quicktime won't like multiple codecs in the same file. For those, just duplicate your sequence and do a video mixdown before export. Or transcode your sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]