FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't link to a copy of p2 card MC6.5

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Braund
Can't link to a copy of p2 card MC6.5
on Jan 14, 2014 at 9:58:54 pm

I can only link to p2 through AMA directly through my camera, and this happens automatically only when i have avid open and plug the camera into the computer. I cannot ama link to the P2 card when it is in the camera if not done automatically. I cannot get media composer to link to a copy of the file on my hard drive. I have the hierarchy correct and am trying to link to the correct folder (although I have tried every level by this point). I have tried reinstalling the P2 AMA plug in.

I am trying to have my raw footage on my D: drive to work from Avid which is running off my C: drive. I am copying to a folder named D:/Raw Footage/11414-card1/(Copied contents file to here) . I tried import ps-clips to bin, and AMA link volume, both going to 11414-card1 as the target.

I am going to be starting a project that requires more space than i have P2 cards so I can no longer use my workaround. Please can anyone help me figure this out.

Panasonic HVX200A
16GB P2 cards
Media Composer 6.5

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Can't link to a copy of p2 card MC6.5
on Jan 15, 2014 at 3:42:57 pm

Check your ama settings. There were some different options re: AMA XDcam vs AMA P2 in either 6.5 or 6.0. My memory escapes me, but there might be something there to play with.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Bob Braund
Re: Can't link to a copy of p2 card MC6.5
on Jan 15, 2014 at 11:01:25 pm

Thank You that worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]