FORUMS: list search recent posts

QuickTime Reference Movie Issue--Black Output

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Skrobowski
QuickTime Reference Movie Issue--Black Output
on Jan 8, 2014 at 3:21:56 pm

Hi, I'm a new AVID Media Composer user, and I could really use some help.

I just Imported about 24 hours of 720p/29.97 MP4/M4V footage (24 files, each 1 hour long) using the "HDV 720P MXF" option from the "Select Files to Import" menu for use in a 720P/29.97 project. It took about 48 hours.

I need to be able to create sequences and export QT Reference files for use in Sorenson Squeeze and Adobe Encore.

I created a small test sequence to make sure that this would work (Obviously, I should have imported one file and tried this with that.), but, when I exported the QT Reference file, all that you can see in the video is a black screen (when viewed in QT 7.7.4) or a white screen (when viewed in Sorenson Squeeze).

The sequence plays perfectly from within MC.

Please tell me that you can export conformed HDV footage to a usable QT Ref. file.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue without simply transcoding everything all over again?

Also, in an attempt to fix this issue, I downloaded and installed AVID Codecs LE 2.3.4 after creating a system restore point. I now realize that this may have been a mistake. Did it overwrite the versions of the codecs that came with MC 7.0?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

SYSTEM: Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit; Media Composer 7.0; QuickTime 7.7.4; Intel core-i7, 2.63Ghz, quad-core; 6GB RAM.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: QuickTime Reference Movie Issue--Black Output
on Jan 8, 2014 at 5:06:41 pm

Just for grins, as a small test, do a video mixdown of about 10-15 seconds of part of your sequence ... making sure the mixdown is rendered in 145 DNxHD, place the mixdown on a top layer in the sequence and export a QT ref of that or even a 30 second clip that includes the mixdown portion and see if it will play.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]