FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C300 Premiere CC to Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Worsfold
Canon C300 Premiere CC to Avid
on Jan 8, 2014 at 2:13:45 pm

Funny one this... and not one that I can find a definitive answer for.

Got a project shot on the Canon C300. I've brought everything nice and easily into Premiere CC and oranised them into bins. However, we're not 100% sure who is going to be doing the post on the project and what NLE they are to be using.

Obviously if it stays in Premiere I can just hand the project file over. But is there any way of sending this to Avid so the bin structure within Premiere is kept?

So far I can open up an AAF of a sequence in Avid (but seem to have to relink shot by shot - I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious) and bring in all the footage via AMA. But cannot find any way of sending over my nicely organised bins.

Anyone any ideas? Haven't used Avid for a while so there may well be something obvious I'm missing - just testing this out using the trial of MC7.0.3.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Canon C300 Premiere CC to Avid
on Jan 8, 2014 at 6:03:24 pm

[Jamie Worsfold] "Obviously if it stays in Premiere I can just hand the project file over. But is there any way of sending this to Avid so the bin structure within Premiere is kept?"

Nope. You'll have to give them the full camera backup archives, and they'll have to import and re-organize. There was a tool for converting FCP TIMELINES to Avid timelines...and the other way around. But only sequences, not projects or bin organization. If they use Avid, they'll have to use AMA and consolidate the media, and re-organize on their end.

[Jamie Worsfold] "So far I can open up an AAF of a sequence in Avid (but seem to have to relink shot by shot - I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious) and bring in all the footage via AMA. But cannot find any way of sending over my nicely organised bins."

Ahh...so no software is needed now. But still, only sequences, and relinking is a pain. Yeah, sorry...no tool for bringing over projects.

Next time find out what they are doing post on before you do any organization. Or...just give them the camera raw and let them do the organizing. As an editor, I must prefer to either do it myself (so I can see what I have), or have my assistant, who knows how I like things done, to do it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jamie Worsfold
Re: Canon C300 Premiere CC to Avid
on Jan 9, 2014 at 11:35:12 am

As I thought. Yeah - bit of a pain.

Usually I'd find out what the edit is being done on but a bit of a funny one this; hopefully we'll be doing the post (in which case everything is organised) but it *may* go elsewhere. So was just trying to make it as easy as poss for someone cutting on Avid. But it looks like anyone else may have to do all their own organising if so (using - of course - my own very well organised log notes!).

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]