FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exportin subtitles from Avid MC to Baselight

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego Araujo
Exportin subtitles from Avid MC to Baselight
on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:09:12 am

Hi there,

I am locking picture on a feature we cut on Avid Media Composer. It's in Spanish and has English subtitles and we'll be doing a DCP with English subs. We'll be finishing in Baselight. The subtitles were made on the Title Tool in the Avid.

What would be the best way to export them so they can be recognized, in sequence by Baselight?

I would appreciate your input.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Exportin subtitles from Avid MC to Baselight
on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:27:11 am

Title tool does not have any means of exporting title text, position, font, etc in an form that can be parsed. It is contained in the AFE format but as far I know, Avid DS is still the only NLE that can read the titles.

It would have been better to use the the SubCap effect which exports in two different formats that are used for interchange. Perhaps others here might have heard of another app that can read titles created in Title Tool.

Michael

Return to posts index

Diego Araujo
on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:32:21 am

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for your answer. Could you elaborate a little bit on what the SubCap effect is? Is it an Avid effect? I am actually changing the font and size of the subtitles -is there a way to "convert" them or apply the effect on them?

best,

Diego

Return to posts index

Diego Araujo
on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:36:14 am

Actually, I got it -found the subcap generator.

It seem there will be a lot of redoing. Anybody has any other suggestion?

thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]