FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hidden Windows and Bins...Oh My!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schultz
Hidden Windows and Bins...Oh My!
on Jan 5, 2014 at 1:59:16 am

I'm working in MC7.0, and a macBookProRetina attached to two monitors.

I often use my 2nd monitor to have my bins, scripts, etc.
So then when I go to laptop, all of those bins are still located where the 2nd monitor would be.
In other words, out of reach.

I really would like to have to avoid having to go back and plug in the 2 monitors and drag all the bins back everytime i switch to the laptop for editing. And making the screen resolution higher doesn't work in this case...they're too far off screen. I've tried changing workspaces as well, but that doesn't work either.

Is there any command for gathering windows and bins back to visibility?
Or is there some other way to get acces to the windows without going through all the the re-plugging into the monitors?

I hope so!
Thanks for your help,

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
Re: Hidden Windows and Bins...Oh My!
on Jan 5, 2014 at 3:18:50 am

okay, to add to the frustration:

I ended up hooking back up to my 2 monitors to harness the windows that were out of reach.
Actually, the main culprits were scripts. I was able to get most of the scripts, but there were still three or four that had the top of the window above reach, which means I couldn't move the danged thing.

I tried all kinds of combinations of monitors (one, two, laptop with two) and all different resolutions and workspaces.

But I STILL couldn't grab those pesky script windows.

To be honest, it feels like an AVID bug.
I hope not!
I hope I'm doing something stupid.

Can anyone enlighten me???

Thanks, Dan S.

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on Jan 5, 2014 at 9:19:09 am
Last Edited By James Patterson on Jan 5, 2014 at 9:22:12 am

I have the same issue when moving projects between suites with two monitor set ups with differing screen resolutions. My fix is to select 'close all bins' from the windows menu, (although this is usually greyed out until I open an un opened bin first) then when I open the bins they open as normal.

Oh, and with the two window method, if you mirror the screens it forces all of the bins into the centre of the screen.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
on Jan 5, 2014 at 3:05:13 pm

James, your solution didn't work for me.

BUT (and this is cause for rejoicing) the menu item just below "Close all bins" works.

"Home" under the windows menu pops the bin in place so I can reach it.

Yay!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]