FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't uninstall 7 to upgrade to 7.0.3 in Mavericks

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank Raposo
Can't uninstall 7 to upgrade to 7.0.3 in Mavericks
on Dec 25, 2013 at 5:05:40 am

When I try to use the current uninstaller (version 7) I get a message that says "An error in the Preuninstall task has cancelled the uninstall". If I hit "OK" nothing happens and I have to quit. But, the uninstaller in 7.0.3 is also giving me trouble. When I try to use the 7.0.3 uninstaller that I just downloaded, I get a message that says, "Uninstall Media Composer is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image."

Ok, so I do. But I'm left with neither uninstaller working and MC 7 is still on my system. The Symphony unistaller (version 7) did work however. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Can't uninstall 7 to upgrade to 7.0.3 in Mavericks
on Dec 25, 2013 at 6:03:29 pm

In the past when I've had a similar problem, I just installed over the existing app, restarted, then ran the uninstaller - then do the install. Depending on the issue, it would clean up whatever and I could take it from there.

Michael

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
on Dec 25, 2013 at 7:09:56 pm

Use the new uninstaller that comes with the 7.0.3 update.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 25, 2013 at 7:41:55 pm

frank mentioned he tried the uninstaller with v7.0.3 and gets an error message as well which is why I suggested the install first, then uninstall, install... I actually jut had to do a similar thing going back to an earlier version an hour ago and it worked for me.

Michael

Return to posts index

Rob Essers
on Dec 26, 2013 at 10:27:28 am

Be sure that when you update to Mavericks to set your Security & Privacy settings to:
Allow apps downloaded from Anywhere.

Than you can use the uninstaller within the 7.03 installation.

Greetings Rob

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 26, 2013 at 2:11:06 pm

More curious that anything, but I don't see any real reasons yet to rush to Mavericks on the OS side of things unless FCPx 10.1 is an important part of the workflow. other than that, what is so compelling for the post side of things that I might be missing?

Michael

Return to posts index

frank Raposo
on Dec 26, 2013 at 8:49:54 pm
Last Edited By frank Raposo on Dec 26, 2013 at 9:11:38 pm

Not much as far as the actual editing. But the one feature that I wanted was multiple monitors to be able to work with two different applications at full screen on separate monitors. I want to work with MC on one monitor and have Word, After Effects, and Photoshop fullscreen on different and on separate desktops on a second monitor and flip through them without having it affect my main monitor.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]