FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Sony Vegas into Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren Winton
Importing Sony Vegas into Avid
on Dec 20, 2013 at 4:29:06 am

I have a mess of a project and need help badly. Just wondering if this is even possible.
A previous editor has exported files from Sony Vegas: sequences, footage, bins and a semi put together project in Avid. I have relinked the footage in the bins to the raw, but I am unable to link the footage in the sequence timelines. Does anyone know how to do this?

Also I might have to re-export from Vegas, is there an easy why of doing this as well?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Importing Sony Vegas into Avid
on Dec 20, 2013 at 4:50:09 pm

What are you importing into Media Composer that represents the sequence, AAF. EDL? And regardless of which one, what is referenced in the Tape or Source File columns within Media Composer? Those should match between the sequence and the sources you are trying to link to.

Michael

Return to posts index

Lauren Winton
on Dec 20, 2013 at 6:18:17 pm

I'm pretty sure the previous editor did not export the correct files in order for me to relink into AVID. I have aaf's and there is a bin called EDL's which are bins with the sequences in them. Is there a way to link the footage from the timeline to the footage in the bins?

Lauren

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 20, 2013 at 8:21:33 pm

In the bin, display both the TAPE and SOURCE FILE column and see what metadata exists in either column. Depending on how the sources made their way into Media Composer, it will be on or the other. When you look at the EDL, what does it show as source? Does it match anything in either of those two columns? If so, you got a good shot a relink.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]