FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP convert to AVID FULL PROJECT

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Rosen
FCP convert to AVID FULL PROJECT
on Dec 19, 2013 at 3:15:22 pm

Really need some help here- I understand that Automatic Duck is a great way to get sequences between platforms but is there any way possible to convert a full final cut project for avid use? Thanks so much in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP convert to AVID FULL PROJECT
on Dec 19, 2013 at 5:46:00 pm

Nope. Between FCP and Premiere, yes, as they are similar. But Avid is pretty different. There was an app out there 6 years ago that did this...poorly. Thus why it isn't around anymore.

Either start over with the organization in Avid, or finish the project out in FCP, and start all new ones in Avid.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brendan Rosen
on Dec 19, 2013 at 6:00:52 pm

I was afraid that would be the case. Thank you for your insight Shane.

Return to posts index

August Anderson
on Dec 19, 2013 at 10:37:05 pm

One thing I do in these scenarios is I use merged ALE lists in Avid.

You still have to do a LOT manually to get the media over. But depending on the complexity of the breakdown and detail in the columns/headers, you can actually automate a few things.

This is only helpful if you have a lot of media.

I import all of the media. Then I export an ALE of the bin, so I have a tab-delimited text file. You can import that into excel (or stay in textedit). Then, get the XML parsed out to excel (I bet there's software out there for that). Then you can copy and paste the column data. As long as everything is sorted by TC (and you don't have any dupes) or by reelname, you can blast through the re-breakdown process.

Then, when you're done with it, you can Import that ALE into the bin again, but in the settings, choose MERGE LIST.

Saves me from getting carpal tunnel early!

August Anderson

QRSlate QR-Code Film Slate
• App: http://www.qrslate.com
• 

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]