Clip goes offline when color effect is removed? + other load of error messages

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anastasia Cipolla
Clip goes offline when color effect is removed? + other load of error messages
on Dec 17, 2013 at 4:16:55 am

Hi,

some info first:

23,967 p HD project, canon 5D footage ama linked and transcoded dnxHD 175 8 bit.

macbook pro 2009 mt lion 8 gb ram, running avid mc 7.0.2 academic version, software only.

At the end of a 16 min project that went pretty smoothly I am getting these errors:

some of the clips are "offline" but I see and I can play them...
Some are "offline", I can see them, but if I remove the color effect, they become truly offline.
Some clips are plain offline and if I try to relink I get an error message and it asks me to debugger or quit...

Plus, audio errors:

- AudioStreamReader::UpdateWithStreamStatus()Invalid status return 2

- DIDReader::xraiseUnespectedStreamStatus async file system error

and the wonderful old friend "fatal_error"

-- all this started after I sent a cut to the client with a rough color grading, I am wondering if this might be the problem.

I already deleted the databases files but that only partially resolved the issue.
I still feel like the system it's being too unstable.

Any advice will be gladly appreciated, thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Clip goes offline when color effect is removed? + other load of error messages
on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:00:19 am

Those clips for that sequence are offline. You are seeing them play because you rendered them, and the renders are still online. As soon as you delete that effect, you will see the original unrendered clip, which is offline.

Return to posts index

Anastasia Cipolla
Re: Clip goes offline when color effect is removed? + other load of error messages
on Dec 17, 2013 at 1:22:48 pm

Thanks. Only some of the clips are offline and since they haven't been deleted or moved... Why can't I simply relink these clips???

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Dec 18, 2013 at 5:45:29 am

Well, they must have been moved or deleted, otherwise they would not have gone offline. If you matchframe to the original clip, then hit FindBin, it should bring up the bin with the original clip. There's a column named Disk there, and it tells you where MC thinks the clip lives. Check that drive.

Return to posts index

Anastasia Cipolla
on Dec 18, 2013 at 2:16:10 pm

Thanks again.
I checked, the mxf files are in the drive they are supposed to be. When I hit relink, the error message "Assertion failed: mob == oldMob (...)" and then avid crashes.

Would it be a good idea just ama link those clips again and do a mixdown of them instead of transcoding?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Dec 19, 2013 at 10:27:48 am

You need not relink. You need to find the database (msm.db) in your Avid MediaFiles folder and delete it. MC will rebuild the file and should then find the media again.

I would avoid a mixdown, you can never relink those, and they lack any and all metadata.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]