FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prores files AMA linked and transcoded to DnxHD have drifting sound

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Smith
Prores files AMA linked and transcoded to DnxHD have drifting sound
on Dec 13, 2013 at 3:33:54 am
Last Edited By Tom Smith on Dec 13, 2013 at 3:37:19 am

Noticed that I have major audio drifting on the transcoded clips. Even when i manage to sync up one spot, it ends up drifting away a few seconds later. Any clue about this?

EDIT: actually even AMA linking the original footage clips which ARE in sync when i play them are out of sync.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Prores files AMA linked and transcoded to DnxHD have drifting sound
on Dec 13, 2013 at 10:06:46 am

What are source clips details and what is your project type?

Ricky

Return to posts index

Tom Smith
Re: Prores files AMA linked and transcoded to DnxHD have drifting sound
on Dec 13, 2013 at 11:20:12 am

well i ran the files through Mediainfo and it turns out they are variable frame rates. They are VHS tapes that were captured by someone other than me. They are quicktime prores 422. 1920x1440. The thing is though, if you load them into Premiere, they are listed as 29.97 and play perfectly. In Avid though, it's listing them as a couple different FPS. Someone on another forum gave me a command to type into the Avid console to force it it into 29.97 but it didnt work. At this point what I think is the best bet is re encode these to a proper 29.9. I did some tests encoding out of Premiere and AMA linking and playing in Avid and they work fine. The problem is I don;t know which codec I should really use to re encode out of Premiere. I don't have a ton of hard drive space left and I only have enough space to fit just about the same amount that these files take up currently, so if you could help me out with selecting a proper wrapper and codec settings for that, that would be great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]