FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export to XDCAM in Direct Out Audio Output Mode

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Kennedy
Export to XDCAM in Direct Out Audio Output Mode
on Dec 12, 2013 at 10:10:22 am

Hallo

I am using MC 6.5 on a fairly new HPz800 with a nitris DX box. I am trying to Export a sequence to an XDCAM machine (PDW HD-1500) attached by Firewire 400. I am trying to export the sequence in Direct out Audio Mode. Previosly when doing this with Direct out to Tape I could simply route several channels together (for example when there was 4 edited music tracks in the timeline I could route the down to 2 stereo tracks via Direct Out.) With the XDCAM export there appears an error message that I have too many tracks for XDCAM export (Yes I have about 14 tracks in the Timeline although routed to only 8 in Direct out Audio Output settings) My question is do I really have to do an Audio Mixdown on these tracks to then get the Direct out to work? or have I missed something? and additionally to this It seems I cannot re-route for example track 3 in my sequence to track 4 of the XDCAM disc?or am I missing something here aswell??
Please help cause this kind of increases the amount of work I have to do when I think it should be about simplefying the amount of work I do

Many thanks in advance for any help or tipps

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Export to XDCAM in Direct Out Audio Output Mode
on Dec 12, 2013 at 4:48:12 pm

Since you have a Nitris DX, why not connect via SDI and do a digital cut?

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
Re: Export to XDCAM in Direct Out Audio Output Mode
on Dec 12, 2013 at 5:52:25 pm

avid handles in strange way export to xdcam. basically exports the first track from the timeline to first track on xdcam, second to second and so on. you need to mixdown every routed track to one track each and put on timeline up to a maximum of eight tracks.

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]