FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vidsharx (or similar) for Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johan Blignaut
Vidsharx (or similar) for Avid
on Dec 9, 2013 at 11:05:32 am

Hi,

Does anyone know if Vidsharx is still being developed/supported/managed by anyone?

I emailed them early last week and had no response.
I also emailed David Norden directly - whose details I found o this forum post: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/292/2062

I'm interested in using Vidsharx or something similar for a feature next year but need to know whether Vidsharx is actually on the go or if it's been abandoned.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Vidsharx (or similar) for Avid
on Dec 9, 2013 at 3:59:43 pm

Are you the guy who asked me on Twitter about my experience testing VidSharX?

I tried testing it, but found it harder to set up than ISIS, and the instructions for setting it up properly very hard to find. The basics weren't on their site, but somewhere else.

I told them how tough this was to figure out, and hoped they were going to fix that. I hope they didn't give up.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Johan Blignaut
on Dec 9, 2013 at 4:06:57 pm

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply and re Twitter - that wasn't me.

I haven't been able to test it properly yet but it does seem tricky, and the fact that I can't get hold of anyone from VidSharX is slightly concerning.
I did find the setup guide on the xmcore website, which is what VidSharX was called when it was still a beta I believe. Essentially the same software as far as I can tell.

Indiestor, though it needs to run on a separate Linux computer, does seem to be properly supported. May give that a go instead. If that ran on Mac OSX it would be perfect.

Cheers

Return to posts index

George Bellias
on Dec 9, 2013 at 4:00:29 pm

I highly doubt Vidsharx is being developed and supported any more. I used it when it first came out but it only worked in Lion (most of the time). I received a beta version for Mountain Lion but never got it to work.

I needed something more reliable and with support so I purchased MetaLan which comes with ProjectStore. ProjectStore allows Avid project and file sharing. I am pleased with it. Easy to set up and easy to use.

George Bellias
Jade Productions
http://www.jadeproductionsla.com

Return to posts index

Johan Blignaut
on Dec 9, 2013 at 4:12:30 pm

Thanks George - will look into that.

Here is the link to ProjectStore in case anyone else wants to take a look:
http://www.tiger-technology.com/projectstore/

Cheers

Return to posts index

alex gardiner
on Dec 18, 2013 at 2:09:03 pm

Hi Guys.

Just a quick message to say that indiestor native is a community supported open-source software.

We're about to release 0.9.5 in our public repository, which fixes a few compatibility issues with MC7, as well as adding ZFS storage support (recommended for PC edit groups only).

Over the last 18 months the project has grown pretty rapidly and we're committed to its upkeep, because we use the solution ourselves!

In short anything you need to know, feel free to fire me a message ;)

I wouldn't say that the solution is designed to outright compete with the likes of ISIS or EditShare.

However, you can install it on just about anything that runs Debian or Ubuntu!

Best,

Alex G

--
+447961751453
indiestor.com
github.com/indiestor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]