FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting interlaced: Looks fine in the composer window, export doesnt look as good

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Smith
Exporting interlaced: Looks fine in the composer window, export doesnt look as good
on Dec 6, 2013 at 5:21:45 am

I'm working in an NTSC 30i project. Footage is interlaced of course and when played back in the monitor, theres no interlacing; combing effect is gone. However upon export, no matter what file field order I use, the output video looks more jagged and there's some interlacing going on. I know you could use the Timewarp effect to deinterlace but I was wondering if theres a way to properly export this out so it looks and non-interlaced as it does in the composer monitor.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Exporting interlaced: Looks fine in the composer window, export doesnt look as good
on Dec 6, 2013 at 7:53:24 am

The Media Composer PREVIEW and PROGRAM monitors only display one field. But the QT you exported will show both. But computer monitors don't display interlacing properly, they aren't designed to. Only TVs can. So if the file is destined for TV, it should be fine. But if it is destined for the web, or computer viewing, it should be deinterlaced...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tom Smith
Re: Exporting interlaced: Looks fine in the composer window, export doesnt look as good
on Dec 6, 2013 at 8:03:52 am

Ah, didnt realize it was showing only one.

Since the final cut of this project is going to be for web, what is your preferred method for deinterlacing out of Avid? Timewarp effect?

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Dec 6, 2013 at 9:26:38 am

Two ways of fixing this.
Change your project to Progressive and you should gain green motion adapter dots on the timeline clips indicating MC is adapting the I to P you can then change the method used to de-interlace.
However without a 3rd proper monitor to see the result you are working blind.
So the other method is to output interlaced and then use squeeze to de-interlace where you can preview the result and tweak.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Dec 6, 2013 at 10:22:10 am

In our tests, we discovered a very small difference in quality of going to progressive between Avid and Sorenson Squeeze. We get slightly better results by doing a video mixdown, applying timewarp and rendering to progressive than we get when we use the deinterlace filter in Squeeze. I'm sure either way is acceptable.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Tom Smith
on Dec 7, 2013 at 9:31:15 pm

Thanks for the replies all

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]