FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating to 7

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Updating to 7
on Dec 4, 2013 at 3:25:30 pm

I'm about to update to MC 7 from 6.5 and I was wondering a few things. Will my keyboard re-mapping hold or will the install wipe it back to the original pre-sets? Is there any particular file that contains this that I should save and if so where is it and what's it called?

AND any major problems I should be aware of? I have two live projects at the moment and will put off installing the upgrade if there's any chance of it disrupting them.

Thanx in advance for any input!

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Updating to 7
on Dec 4, 2013 at 3:40:05 pm

[Nick Griffin] "I'm about to update to MC 7 from 6.5 and I was wondering a few things."

When did you switch to Avid? I thought you were on Media100? Either way, hope Avid is working well for you!

[Nick Griffin] "Will my keyboard re-mapping hold or will the install wipe it back to the original pre-sets?"

They will hold, but it's recommended to rebuild them whenever you upgrade. User settings can corrupt from version to version (especially when a lot changed, like it did between 6.5 and 7). Safer to make new ones. I do a screenshot of my keyboard and rebuild - take about 5 - 10 minutes.

[Nick Griffin] "AND any major problems I should be aware of? I have two live projects at the moment and will put off installing the upgrade if there's any chance of it disrupting them."

I've been running MC7 since it was released. Definitely install the latest version (7.0.2, I think). It's been very stable for me.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Dec 4, 2013 at 3:51:04 pm

[Michael Hancock] "When did you switch to Avid? I thought you were on Media100?"

About a year ago. M100 still used on simple and legacy things or when a job has to go between workstations but it simply doesn't have the power and features of MC. Then again I wish Avid's interface for audio was more like M100. As Steven Wright said "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"

Thanx for your input on the other stuff, Michael.

Return to posts index

Eric James
on Dec 5, 2013 at 10:51:16 pm

I had a problem with projects that used XAVC Sony F5 footage, as you can see in my related post above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]