FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMC7 Very slow start, initializing streams manager. Checked CC forums, still unresolved.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
AMC7 Very slow start, initializing streams manager. Checked CC forums, still unresolved.
on Dec 4, 2013 at 7:44:03 am

Hi,

I'm trying to find out why only recently AMC 7 started to launch extremely slowly once it hit the initialising streams manager stage of the splash screen.

There are many postings, mainly around the 2009 vintage but another spate of it in 2012 regarding this issue but the advice is invariably disconnect drives and delete database files from everywhere including the OS drive. Unfortunately for me, I've already done that and it doesn't seem to have resolved the issue.

Nothing has recently been installed on the machine that wasn't there when it was functioning normally and there are no network drives mounted nor external drives plugged in. I have looked through the C: drive for database files and removed them and I'm now somewhat at a loss of what to do next.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: AMC7 Very slow start, initializing streams manager. Checked CC forums, still unresolved.
on Dec 4, 2013 at 2:46:22 pm

There are several posts from Avid saying they have "fixed" this, but it still happens to me on one of my machines. Is your box connected via network to a large nas or other network storage?

For me, if i need a quick launch, i disable my network, launch Avid, and reconnect the network.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Jimmy See
Re: AMC7 Very slow start, initializing streams manager. Checked CC forums, still unresolved.
on Dec 6, 2013 at 1:38:38 am

Thank you.

It's actually connected in a peer to peer network of machines which each have large local internal RAIDs. Could that cause issue do you think? I would have though one would need to have network drives mounted before Avid could 'see' them.

I'll try starting it the ethernet cable disconnected.

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Dec 15, 2013 at 11:15:18 am

The LAN feed is the problem

I have not found what avid is looking for but disconnecting (either physically or in software) the network during avid boot "solves" the problem. Been with me since mc v6

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]