FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MC 7 - no audio playing in sequence but media is not seen as offline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Stabb
Avid MC 7 - no audio playing in sequence but media is not seen as offline
on Nov 25, 2013 at 3:57:26 pm

Hi,

I have a project in Avid MC 7 interplay edition running on a 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac.
When I open up my project and play my sequence I get all the picture and I get sound from a number of audio clips in the sequence that are SFX that were consolidated from another Avid project and are in a folder called OMFI on my drive but I don't get any of the sound that relates to audio files stored in the folder Avid MediaFiles/ MXF/ 1/ . I can still open and play back all this media in my source monitor by finding it in the browser, I cannot however open any of the clips that I can see in the timeline up in the source monitor via the timeline. I have tried to refresh the media directories and to relink the the sequence. Yesterday this timeline played back fine with all the audio from the MXF folder on the drive and from the OMFI folder on the drive. I didn't change any settings but today the sequence is effectively mute apart from at the moments when some SFX have been added. Can anybody help get the sound back!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid MC 7 - no audio playing in sequence but media is not seen as offline
on Nov 26, 2013 at 3:31:54 pm

44 k vs 48 k audio?
Check your audio settings and make sure it is set to automatically play mismatched audio rates.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Dan Stewart
on Nov 28, 2013 at 4:22:50 pm

.. Make sure you've got those tracks switched on!

Return to posts index

Walter Stabb
on Nov 28, 2013 at 6:41:50 pm

Thanks for your responses.

It's all 48 khz audio and the tracks are on.

I think the problem must be to do with consolidating the audio. Basically we had a sequence that had the majority of the audio stored on Drive X/ Avid MediaFiles / MXF/ 1. There were a few SFX elements that were taken from other Avid projects that had been cut in, they were taken from Drive U and Drive Z. We consolidated the audio, which meant a new OMFI folder was created on Drive X. This new consolidated audio timeline was then copied and pasted under our picture. Drive U and Drive Z with the other avid projects and media left the country. The next day I opened the project file with drive Y attached to my computer, drive Y contained a complete duplicate of my MXF's in the correct file structure. My project prompted me that some files were offline, these were the SFX files because I hadn't copied the OMFI folder onto Drive Y. I copied the OMFI folder from Drive X to Drive Y and relinked the audio. My timeline played fine with all the audio elements and no problems. I exported out a copy whcih worked fine. The following day I opened the project with drive X attached and my timeline would now play but the only audio that will play are the SFX files stored in the OMFI folder. The consolidated MXF files are all on both Drive X and Drive Y but won't play from either. My project doesn't' see any media as offline and won't relink or refresh media databases.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]