FORUMS: list search recent posts

A workflow for XDCAM (I think)?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Rosenbluh
A workflow for XDCAM (I think)?
on Nov 23, 2013 at 3:53:54 am

Hey gang, I got a drive of footage yesterday and now I gotta figure out the best way to get it into my Avid. I haven't been an AE in 15 years, and this stuff has changed since I digitized 3/4" tape. :-)

I think it's XDCAM (waiting on confirmation, but my Google search of the folder names pointed to XDCAM). I'm including a shot of what's on the drive, in case that helps in pointing me in the right direction. I see a bin called AudioStems, so I assume I'll have to sync that to the footage somehow.

So if anyone knows of the best way to get this into my MC 7.0.2, that would be swell. I have PluralEyes available if I need to sync the audio to the media first.

I've tried an AMA link, but get

This is what I get for agreeing last minute to help someone. :-P

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: A workflow for XDCAM (I think)?
on Nov 23, 2013 at 4:05:15 am

Assuming you have the most recent AMA plug-ins for XDCAM, use the XDCAM (folder) and select the one right above BPAV. In your example, it would be "Inappropriate CAM A 1" That should do it.

Michael

Return to posts index

Erik Rosenbluh
on Nov 23, 2013 at 4:07:00 am

I thought I had the latest. Just downloaded them. I pointed to that folder you mentioned and got that Avid message.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Nov 23, 2013 at 2:02:08 pm

Hmmmm.... You can try moving up and down the folder hierarchy to see if one works or not, but the one I mentioned is the one that works for me when using files from the Sony F55. Have you confirmed these are from a Sony camera? If so, which model? My files are wrapped in .mxf and not .mp4. Just to see if anything imports, you can try the QuickTime AMA and click directly on the .mp4 file to see what happens.

Michael

Return to posts index

Erik Rosenbluh
on Nov 23, 2013 at 3:21:16 pm

I'm still waiting on confirmation of equipment used. I have tried moving around the folder hierarchy, but get the same error. I'm using a drive they gave me and not the camera card, would that have any affect on this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Erik Rosenbluh
on Nov 24, 2013 at 3:41:50 am

The cameras were Sony EX3s

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Nov 24, 2013 at 4:05:44 am

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/pdzk-ma2

And is the camera model listed on the Sony AMA page, and is the one you downloaded?

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]