FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unity Media Creation Settings refuse to behave

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Prum
Unity Media Creation Settings refuse to behave
on Nov 21, 2013 at 4:26:55 pm

We are working on a reality show with numerous stations working on an Avid unity. The terrablock contains several different partitions. For some reason the media creation settings seem to keep changing of their own accord, dumping render files onto partitions where they should not be. It's not such a problem for ingest because we do that in a fairly methodical way from specific machines. But the render files and title media keep ending up in the wrong places. We have a lot of people working on many different stations so it's probably not realistic to make sure every editor checks their media creation settings before they render.

I found several posts referring to this problem, from significantly older versions of AVID, but no solutions. I was wondering if anyone was aware of any newer information on this.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Unity Media Creation Settings refuse to behave
on Nov 21, 2013 at 5:34:40 pm

It may not be realistic but I have found it necessary to check Media Creation Setting every time I open a project - it takes all of 3 minutes - 3 minutes saves me much more time and difficulty later on. There may be a solution that I am missing.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Max Prum
on Nov 21, 2013 at 7:43:50 pm

Yeah that is no big deal for one or two people but I wish we did not have to rely on everyone remembering to do that every time.

The other idea is that Avid defaults to using the first volume alphabetically so we could make our renders volume start with AAA or something. But then we would have to change the file paths for all our render files and either migrate them or re-render. Which is doable but annoying.

Is there any better way? maybe not...

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Nov 27, 2013 at 7:29:42 pm

Mac's or PC's?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]