FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to batch export all stills (with Stage Tools effect) in a track?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Reichman
How to batch export all stills (with Stage Tools effect) in a track?
on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:20:23 pm

I'm assistant editor on a 90-minute documentary cut in Media Composer 6.5 and 7. All the stills in the movie (over 250) are done in Stage Tools (whether or not there's an actual move on the still or not, it's loaded into Stage Tools instead of the Avid Pan & Zoom tool).

The company doing our online won't accept an Avid sequence with Stage Tools (they say it's caused a lot of problems in the past). So the editor asked me to export each still as a DNxHD 220x Quicktime, and then bring it back into the Avid (via AMA) and replace the Stage Tools clip with the Quicktime. So that our delivery to the online will be Stage Tools-free.

So, what I want to know is: is there a better and faster way to export all these clips than one by one? The AP and I can sit there and mark a clip, export it, mark the next one, export that, and so on. But surely there's a way to batch export, right?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give us!
Ben

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: How to batch export all stills (with Stage Tools effect) in a track?
on Nov 21, 2013 at 12:26:16 am

Can't you just do a mixdown and work from there? Sounds like an awful lot of work.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 21, 2013 at 1:25:57 am

I concur...do a Video Mixdown. Either the whole show, and over-lay it on top and cut the parts you need (faster), or bit by bit.

Stage Tools is a standard tool I use on all of my shows I cut on Avid. I even online shows that it has been used with. I think I know what issues they have (relinking to stills...because they will need a copy of all the stills. But once you link one, the path should be remembered)...and I know it can be a pain, but really...that's part of the job.

But a good solution is video mixdown.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Nov 21, 2013 at 3:29:31 am

The video mixdown is probably the simplest solution, however in the future you may want to figure out a way of incorporating the standalone StageTools Moving Picture Producer into your workflow. I believe you are entitled to it for free, if you own the AVX plug in version.

It can create and batch render standalone movies of Moving Picture moves. It can also open MPX files saved from the Avid Moving Picture plugin (using the Save Show command) and batch render out movies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]