FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Offline Problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonah Fortin
Media Offline Problem
on Nov 20, 2013 at 2:29:14 am

I've been editing segments for a show and all of the sudden all my media is offline for all projects. Everything is on an internal drive. Was working fine for months, until recently when I moved my computer from one location to another, but even still things worked fine for a few days. I've already done some research and I've tried deleting my FMID and MMOB files which didn't help. I looked for everything in the Media Tool, and it was there - but after I quit the application and relaunched, it was nowhere to be found. Tried relinking... at first only a few clips relinked, but again after relaunch, even those clips no longer relink. Media was never deleted - I can manually access and see all .mov and transcoded files via Finder, so it's all there, Avid just wants to play dumb. Please help - thanks.

Return to posts index

Lucien Newell
Re: Media Offline Problem
on Nov 20, 2013 at 8:46:23 am

Sometimes it can be something so simple. Is your "Avid MediaFiles" folder set up right?

Sometimes this folder gets moved and makes everything go offline. If this is the case, all you have to do is make sure the Avid MediaFiles folder is located on the root level of your drive(The first window that opens when you open a drive). It should look like this: Drive > Avid MediaFiles > MXF > 1

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on Nov 20, 2013 at 10:39:59 am

Also, on the machine that the project was originally on was there more than one internal drive? Is there any possibility of some footage being transcoded to different drives without you realising?

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 20, 2013 at 3:19:09 pm

delete your database files, and let Avid rebuild them again.
create a new bin in your project
drag the database file directly into that bin. If your media is good, it will populate that bin with everything.
(this will help ensure you are looking at full media and not render files as well)

Select all the media in that bin and try relinking your other bins to that media. (relink to selected media in open bins)

How full is this internal drive?
It is possible your internal drive is starting to act up and should be replaced.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Jonah Fortin
on Nov 20, 2013 at 6:53:34 pm

Avid MediaFiles folder is at the root, however I have been renaming the '1' folders to keep my transcodes organized - hasn't affected me before. Only one internal drive and everything is where I put it originally, nothing transcoded elsewhere. My database files were deleted and nothing changed... I have yet to try putting the new database files into a bin.

Thanks for the responses.

Return to posts index

Jonah Fortin
on Nov 20, 2013 at 7:45:59 pm

I discovered that once deleted, Avid isn't rebuilding my FMID and MMOB files. Potentially because of renaming the '1' folder?

And Glenn, this is a fairly new computer with more than 1 TB of space left on the internal drive, so I'm not sure if that would be the issue at all.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Nov 20, 2013 at 7:55:43 pm

[Jonah Fortin] "I discovered that once deleted, Avid isn't rebuilding my FMID and MMOB files. Potentially because of renaming the '1' folder?"

Probably. Just change the name back to a number only (1, 2, 33, etc...) and it should rebuild. Then you can change the name back after it scans.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Jonah Fortin
on Nov 20, 2013 at 8:18:50 pm

It worked! Thanks everyone - it was getting quite frustrating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]