FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid-grouping Time of Day TC with GoPro

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Kawano
Avid-grouping Time of Day TC with GoPro
on Nov 19, 2013 at 11:38:55 pm

Hi,

In Avid 5.5, I am trying to sync and group A & B clips with and without time of day timecode (basically a C300 with GoPro's). I have everything laid out and synced in a timeline and have subclipped everything out in order to sync/group by in-points (I matched framed each clip which gave it a common in-point) But when I select the clips and hit Shift+Ctrl+U to group the clips, it's creates a grouped clip with the GoPro starting TC which always defaults to 00;00;00;00, because it is not a time of day TC. This creates a problem when I want to sort the groups by start time in a bin.

My question is, is there any way to group these clips so that my C300 or "A cam" is always set to be the starting timecode in the group?

Thnx!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid-grouping Time of Day TC with GoPro
on Nov 20, 2013 at 1:27:44 am

Does changing its position in the group window when loaded in the source change that?

Michael

Return to posts index

Jon Kawano
Re: Avid-grouping Time of Day TC with GoPro
on Nov 20, 2013 at 1:36:14 am

Thanks for the reply! That works when the group begins with the "A cam" but when the section begins with the GoPro sequentially, it still defaults back to the 00:00;00. A workaround I'm trying is dong an add edit at the start of A cam and beginning the group there, so at least I have the section when A cam turns on. Still waiting on a better response from Avid....

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]