FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mapping 3 items to my keyboard in MC 7?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Denham
Mapping 3 items to my keyboard in MC 7?
on Nov 19, 2013 at 6:23:22 am

Hello,

New AVID Editor here- FCP 7 guy - but was wondering if I could choose one button on my Keyboard for V1, A1&A2 and another button for V2, A3 & A4?

I know numbers 7,8,9, etc. work but I usually do my A-Roll in V1, A1 & A2 and V2, A3 & A4 for B-Roll and would like to keep it going that way. To simply hit one button and select/deselect only certain tracks would be ideal.

Again I am new to AVID and just used the default buttons in FCP 7 so IF this can be done Please let me know.

Thanks All!

Lee.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Mapping 3 items to my keyboard in MC 7?
on Nov 19, 2013 at 11:10:42 am

Dont think Ive ever seen or heard of any way of mapping this type of multi function to any 1 key (ie V1 A1 A2 to 1 keystroke)
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 20, 2013 at 3:23:58 pm

i use a G13 for this type of mapping. (build your own macros and assign them keystrokes)

Glenn

Return to posts index

Lee Denham
on Nov 21, 2013 at 2:20:11 am

Thank You!! Sorry but since I am new to AVID could you please break down the steps for me?

Appreciate it!!

Return to posts index

Lee Denham
on Nov 21, 2013 at 2:19:24 am

Thank You Sir!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 21, 2013 at 2:32:04 am

The G13 is an older model device from Logitech. It has about 4 rows of buttons, with each row having about 8 buttons. (Mine is at work right now, so cant count the buttons). It also has 3 available "sets" of buttons. Basically you get around 70 or so buttons you can program with macros. Your macro can be anything you can imagine doing with a keyboard. (Multi keystrokes with an unlimited amount of presses can be recorded) In your instance you would go to program mode, press your desired hot keys and stop the recording. I use it more for Resolve than Avid, but i do have a few items programmed into it for Avid.

I think they run about 60 or so bucks.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Lee Denham
on Nov 21, 2013 at 7:20:59 am

Thank You Glenn!!

Best,

Lee.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]