FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy AUX-TC column to Start column/Syncing audio tc

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Finn Schäuble
Copy AUX-TC column to Start column/Syncing audio tc
on Nov 17, 2013 at 8:02:35 am

Hi there, I have a little worklflow issue.

We shot a Documentary on 2 Cameras and a 4ch Audio Recorder, the Audio Recorder send Audio Timecode to both Cameras.

So now, we are using Avids "Read Audio Timecode" function, which works perfectly, but Audio and video was not always started/stopped in sync, so we Ended up with far more video than audio files so using avids AutoSync function is not really working for us.

I want to proceed like this:

-Use Audio TC as "Start" TC

- Use AutoSequence to create a long sequence with everything in sync on a long timeline.(does only work with start-tc)

- Create Subclips of all the parts where there is both audio and Video.

This workflow works, but I need to copy the AUX-TC to the start column BY HAND , which seriously would take me about 1 Week of worktime (its a LOOONG Documentary...).

I can not figure out how to copy the whole column inside of a bin. Command-D will not let me copy the aux-Tc to the Start column, just the other way around .

What am I doing wrong, or maybe is there a better way to sync the long audio files to the short Video clips? I want to end up with lots of subclips, containing 2 Video and 4 Audio Channels. That I can then put in a new Bin and Lable according to content.

(Already posted in the official avid forums, but they send me here....)

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Copy AUX-TC column to Start column/Syncing audio tc
on Nov 17, 2013 at 2:35:11 pm

When you say you want to end up with a subclips containing 2 video clips and 4 audio channels, that is the definition of a group clip, and not a .sync clip which can only contain 1 video clip. If a group clip, then I would suggest after the Read Audio TC process to modify the clips to remove that track from the clip then grouping rather than syncing. Group based on on AucTX1. If you want to create a single group clip, create a dummy clip whose START and END encompass the full range of TC in the AuxTC1 of the other clips and add to the selection before making a group.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]